- Project Title:
- Mobile Delivery Device Program
- Start Date:
- Monday, August 29, 2016
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- February 2017
The Mobile Delivery Device (MDD) is the latest handheld device to be used by Postal Service carriers to track package activities in real time. The MDDs access a wireless network for real-time tracking, thereby creating package visibility that is essential for the Postal Service to maintain and grow its package business.
We are conducting an audit to determine whether the MDD program is meeting the intended return on investment as indicated by its Decision Analysis Report criteria.
- Have you noticed any improvement in the package scanning activities involving MDDs after December 2014? Please explain.
- Are there enough MDDs for carriers to perform their tasks?
- Do you think the Postal Service provides real-time tracking of your package? Also, how does USPS scanning accuracy compare to other service providers?
- Are there any overarching or general concerns related to the timing/accuracy of scanning notifications? Has this impacted your business? How so?