- Project Title:
- Marketing Mail Workshare Discounts Cost Model
- Start Date:
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- July 2018
The Postal Service offers a postage rate discount to mailers for presorting, pre-barcoding, handling, and transporting mail. These workshare discounts incentivize mailers to perform specific activities prior to dropping mail at postal facilities.
These discounts allow the Postal Service to avoid some mailing costs, such as processing, transportation, and labor costs; stimulate mail volume growth; and improve service.
The Postal Service’s current methodology to determine workshare discounts is estimated using various operational and statistical information sources based on the actual costs incurred.
- How can the Postal Service improve its workshare program?
- Are there any new workshare opportunities that could enhance mailers’ current operations?
- What are your thoughts on the Postal Service’s current cost models and pricing strategies for workshare discounts?