- Project Title:
- Voyager eFleet Credit Card - Great Lakes Area
- Start Date:
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- December 2017
The U.S. Postal Service operates one of the largest vehicle fleets in the United States, with over 228,000 vehicles in FY 2016 used primarily to deliver and collect mail. The Postal Service assigns each vehicle a fleet credit card for fuel and minor maintenance services.
USPS has put tools in place to assist with identifying potentially questionable purchases for high dollar amounts or more gallons of fuel than the vehicle can hold.
Fleet credit cards are maintained at local units. Management or a designee is responsible for reviewing charges on a regular basis to help ensure the cards are used appropriately. Office managers are also responsible for the security of fleet cards and maintaining the PIN process, which includes completing a semi-annual formal review of PINs and informing Voyager of personnel changes.
- As a manager are you satisfied with the current level of controls over our fuel purchasing?
- Are our record-keeping processes as efficient and as accurate they could be?
- Are you getting the receipts from the carriers to make timely, well-informed decisions about fuel purchases and vehicle maintenance?
- Do you ensure carriers purchase fuel at the lowest rate?