- Project Title:
- Study of Service Performance Metrics
- Start Date:
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- July 2019
The Postal Service has service performance goals for time it should take to deliver a piece of mail after it is collected. These goals are called Service Standards, and they vary by class of mail and by distance between collection and delivery locations.
We plan to analyze service performance metrics and cost trends for Priority, First-Class, Periodical, Marketing, and package mail over the last five years.
- Overall, how effective is the Postal Service in accepting, processing, transporting and delivering mail in timely manner?
- Do you experience a difference in timeliness between a letter, flat, or package?
- Have you experienced a significant change, either positive or negative, over the last five years?