- Project Title:
- Postal Service HVAC Preventive Maintenance Program
- Start Date:
- Wednesday, September 12, 2018
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- March 2019
The goal of preventive maintenance is to improve and prolong building and equipment life, avoid unplanned maintenance, and lower overall maintenance costs. An effective and efficient preventive maintenance program must be in place to ensure optimal performance, minimum downtime, and appropriate service life of buildings and building equipment.
We are conducting this audit to evaluate the effectiveness of the HVAC preventive maintenance processes conducted at Postal Service facilities.
- Does the Postal Service take timely and appropriate actions to identify HVAC equipment and components that require maintenance or repairs?
- Is HVAC preventive maintenance performed at all Postal Service facilities in accordance with policy, as well as the equipment manufacturer’s warranty stipulations?
- Are you aware of HVAC-related complaints that the Postal Service did not address properly or in a timely manner, leading to air quality issues or other concerns?