- Project Title:
- Information Technology Workforce
- Start Date:
- Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- August 2019
The President’s Management Agenda includes modernizing the government by realigning the workforce. Previous administrations and congressional committees have also shown great interest in workforce transformation.
A recent congressional hearing pointed to the current information technology (IT) skills gap in the federal government as a high-risk factor in filling IT positions. Recruitment, salary, training, and funding were noted as factors contributing to the federal government IT skills gap.
The OIG is initiating an audit of how the Postal Service’s IT resources support business operations now and into the future. As we explore the Postal Service’s challenges for their IT workforce, we would like to hear from you.
* What challenges have you seen that hinders the USPS from attracting and retaining IT talent?
* Are there adequate opportunities for current employees to expand their IT skills to match changing job duties?
* What improvements could be made to the current IT workforce?