- Project Title:
- Military and Diplomatic Mail Service
- Start Date:
- Monday, November 5, 2018
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- June 2019
The Postal Service partners with the Department of Defense and the Department of State to deliver mail to U.S. military and diplomatic personnel and their families either in the continental U.S. or outside.
The Postal Service’s ability to help facilitate high-quality mail service is crucial for supporting military and diplomatic operations and upholding the Postal Service’s brand and image. If you have experiences with military and/or diplomatic mail service, we would love to hear from you.
- Overall, were your experiences positive or negative when using the Postal Service for military and/or diplomatic mail service?
- In instances where you had negative experiences:
- What types of mailings did they involve – e.g., domestic, international inbound (coming into the U.S), or international outbound (going out of the U.S.)?
- What issues caused the negative experiences – e.g., delayed mail, missing mail, or damaged mail, below expected customer service, or something else?
- What things, if any, could the Postal Service do to enhance its military and/or diplomatic mail service?