- Project Title:
- Kaizen Event Review: FY 2016 Atlanta Processing and Distribution Center (P&DC) Surface Visibility
- Start Date:
- Thursday, December 1, 2016
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- March 2017
The U.S. Postal Service deploys Kaizen teams to make process improvements. Kaizen is a strategy to produce incremental improvements in processes. During Kaizen events, teams identify operational constraints that could potentially affect service performance. Once teams develop solutions for identified problems, results are shared with other facilities to review their processes and correct any defects.
Our objective is to determine the effectiveness of using the Kaizen process to improve Surface Visibility load/unload scan percentages at the Atlanta P&DC.
- How effective was the Kaizen event in improving Surface Visibility load and unload scan percentages at the Atlanta P&DC?
- How can the Postal Service enhance the Kaizen process to identify problems and develop solutions in transportation operations?