- Project Title:
- National Operational Assessment in Customer Service and Delivery Operations
- Start Date:
- Monday, October 22, 2018
- Estimated Report Release Date:
- July 2019
Postal Service management attempts to improve delivery performance and customer satisfaction with investments in innovations to keep pace in a rapidly evolving business environment — all while facing significant financial burdens due to a highly competitive marketplace and the constraints of the current business model.
Postal employees are delivering fewer pieces of mail to a growing number of addresses, as new households and businesses are added to the delivery network each year. The changing mail mix is also impacting costs as package volume increases. Delivering packages requires significantly more work than letters and flats, which are decreasing. The increasing package volumes can result in an increase in work hours.
- Do you think the Postal Service is effectively positioned to meet the challenges presented by a changing competitive marketplace?
- Are Postal Service operations equipped with the necessary resources to compete in the growing package delivery market?
- What changes should the Postal Service pursue to ensure its success as a key provider of package delivery service?