What We Do
Hotline receives information from employees, customers, and the general public. It is an important avenue for reporting fraud, waste, and misconduct. We review the information received to identify systemic and criminal issues and potential areas for postal-wide reviews.
We are primarily responsible for receiving and evaluating concerns and complaints, and determining which OIG area would best conduct any appropriate inquiry or investigation.
What to Report to Us
The Hotline will take complaints related to fraud, waste, and misconduct related to Postal Service employees and contractors. To report mail fraud schemes, vandalism and mail theft by a customer please click here.
If you have questions on where to report a complaint please click here. For further detail on what to report to the OIG Hotline please refer to the section further down the page.
How to Contact the Hotline
Preferred method is using our online form.
Send us your info by mail at: ATTN: HOTLINE 1735 N Lynn Street Arlington, VA 22209
Our Hotline phone calls are answered M-F 11:00am - 3:00pm EST 1-888-USPS-OIG (1-888-877-7644)
What the USPS OIG Hotline can assist you with
- Theft, delay, or destruction of mail by employees and contractors
- Injury compensation fraud
- Embezzlements and financial crimes
- Contract Fraud
- Computer Crimes
- Employee Misconduct
- Internal affairs and executive investigations
- Whistleblower reprisal
What the USPS OIG Hotline cannot assist you with
- Day-to-day management decisions
- EEO Complaints
- Issues that are handled by the grievance process
- Issues handled by other government agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, Justice Department, Office of Personnel Management
- Employee benefits and compensation
- Customer Service complaints